AUTHORS: WILL YOU CONTRIBUTE??? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WRITE A LETTER…
On June 7, 2016, Pure Textuality PR will play publisher once again, this time as we release #amwriting, a charity publication to benefit The Wayne Foundation.
And now, we need YOU.
#amwriting will be a collection of letters written by authors to their fledgling-writer selves:
Knowing what you know now of writing, publishing, and putting your art out into the world, if you could go back to the day you sat down to start typing in your very first manuscript, what words would you offer to yourself? Words of encouragement? Words of advice? Caution against certain pitfalls? Would you change anything about how you got to where you are today?
The publishing community is so much bigger than it was before the self-publishing boom and it continues to grow exponentially every day. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a handbook or support group. The book is to provide words of encouragement or advice to those just starting out or those who have become discouraged in their art. At Pure Textuality PR, we believe in supporting each other as a community, and we felt this project would be a good way to bring writers together and maybe give some new artists just the right nudge to keep going.
100% of the net proceeds of #amwriting will go to benefit The Wayne Foundation, a charity dedicated to offering aid and services to young women victimized by illegal sexual exploitation and the sexual trafficking of minors. The Wayne Foundation was co-founded by Kevin Smith, writer, director, podcastic guru, and (as I’m sure you’re all *very* sick of hearing by now) my artistic hero.
Who is involved???
#amwriting has a great list of more than 60 authors so far, including NYT bestselling author Jeaniene Frost! BUT WE WANT MORE!!!! Our goal is to have 100 authors committed to contributing a letter to the project.
Author list as of 2/29/2016.
Details, Details, Details!
– All overhead costs such as cover art, formatting, proofing, and marketing will be paid for by Pure Textuality PR.
– All letters must be emailed to email@example.com by May 16, 2016.
– A deadline reminder email will be sent out to all participating authors on 3/1, 4/1, 4/25, 5/9, and a final reminder on 5/16, the date they’re due. Reminders will only go out to the authors who have NOT submitted their letter already. Once you submit your letter, you’re removed from the reminder list.
– #amwriting will be available through all major ebook retailers and in print through Amazon and Createspace.
– 100% of all net proceeds will be donated to The Wayne Foundation. Since Pure Textuality PR is paying for all overhead production costs, there will be nothing held out from the sales.
About The Wayne Foundation
The Wayne Foundation is committed to spreading awareness of CSEC (Commercial Sex Exploitation of Children) DMST (Domestic Minor Sexual Trafficking) occurring within the United States.
The Wayne Foundation’s vision is for a world without child slavery. We are dedicated to providing direct assistance to those victimized by exploitation.
Drop in Center
The Wayne Foundation operates the third drop in center in Florida recognized by the Department of Children and Family Services. It is located in Charlotte County Florida, and serves clients throughout Southwest Florida. Our target clientele are young women aged 13-25. Our DIC is equipped to provide daily services that include, but are not limited to: Food, New Clothing, Access to Shower, Media Center, Mental Health Assistance, SNAP/ Medicare Benefit sign-up/renewal, Family Counseling, Education Assistance, and Transportation To and From the Center.
The Wayne Foundation continues to have the goal of providing shelter services to young women victimized by exploitation or trafficking. This is our primary long term objective.